It is a course designed to give a student with complete knowledge of Paper 5 at CA FINAL level. Mind you this is the paper that creates a lot of problem for the students as it does not have a format or any formulas. It is business and we are going to learn all aspects of the business.
This Crash Course PLUS gives you all the knowledge required to excel in this paper. Go through FAQ to know more.
Preface to the book.
“No matter how much you are qualified, common sense always helps”
Business is changing and so is our subject. Greatest companies of all times like General Motors, Lehman Brothers, Reader’s Digest Association etc today are no longer dominant. Most local retailers are closing down due to e-commerce, technology has had a far more negative impact than positive. Self driven cars will lead to massive unemployment in India but will also create new jobs for those people who are expert in Artificial Intelligence. Robots will replace servants one day at your house. Make yourself that capable that you will survive all changes of tomorrow. Go to Europe and you will find accountants now don’t do the jobs they were doing 10 years ago. Accounting is done automatically. Companies like Smacc are doing automation at Rapid pace. Companies like EVERLAW are making lawyers jobless by proving automated reply to legal problems. Crypto- currency is about to gain momentum in future. Luxuries of today will be necessities of tomorrow. The invention is the only thing that will keep you alive. Never thought the internet will be a business one day, never thought Youtube could make money, never thought Facebook could make billionaires…. But these are business of today. Our coaching industry underwent so many changes. From face to face classes, to pen drives and virtual, we have seen all. I am still from the traditional school of thought where I think that “when a student comes face to face, he really enjoys the subject and is not only trying to just pass for sake of becoming a CA”.
Marginal costing, standard costing and Performance Evaluation occupy a major chunk of this syllabus and almost all the chapters get included under these headings. This is one of the subjects that I have taught for the past 19 years and can still say there is so much to learn. New concepts keep arriving and it is very interesting to learn these new concepts especially as they relate to the manufacturing sector as the growth of any country is determined by its manufacturing sector. Japanese and German concepts of manufacturing like TQM, JIT, Target costing, ABC, Value chain analysis, ERP, Benchmarking, Beyond Budgeting etc are being implemented by Multinationals across the world. Unfortunate that Costing in India still is at a very early stage and it might take many years before these techniques get implemented like they are in developed countries.
“A student makes his own destiny and no matter how much a faculty does, it is only students efforts that give fruit.”
to be continued
|INDEX OF PRACTICAL BOOK|
|Sr. No.||TOPIC & ORDER OF STUDY||ICAI Module|
|1||Marginal & Absorption Costing||6|
|2||CVP Analysis / Decision Making||6|
|5||Theory of Constraints||2|
|8||Learning / Time / Experience Curve||Everywhere|
|9||Life cycle costing||4|
|12||Strategic analysis of income statement||10|
|13||Activity Based Costing||10|
|15||Customer Level Analysis||10|
|20||Balance Scorecard (Kaplan)||8|
|21||Performance pyramid (Lynch & Cross)||8|
|22||Economic Value Added (Stern Stewart & Co)||8|
|24||Costing of service sector||6|
|INDEX OF THEORY BOOK|
|1||Introduction to Strategic Cost management||1|
|2||Modern business environment||2|
|3||Lean system & innovation||3|
|4||Cost Management Techniques||4|
|5||Costing of Specific Sector||5|
|8||Performance Measurement and evaluation||8|
|10||Strategic analysis of income statement||10|
|INDEX OF CASE STUDIES BOOK|
|1||PORTER’S VALUE CHAIN vs VALUE SHOP||1|
|2||VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS||1|
|3||SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT||2|
|7||BUSINESS PROCESS RE-ENGINEERING (BPR)||3|
|9||ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING.||4|
|10||ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING.||4|
|11||LIFE CYCLE COSTING’||4|
|12||VALUE ANALYSIS & FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS||4|
|14||THE BUILDING BLOCK MODEL||8|
|15||TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE||8|
|16||TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE||8|
|20||FEEDFORWARD & FEEDBACK CONTROL||11|
|21||PARTICIPATIVE BUDGET ‘SPM’||11|
|22||VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS, STANDARD COSTING BALANCED SCORECARD & KPI.||1, 8 & 12|
|23||PORTER’S FIVE FORCES & DIVISIONAL TRANSFER PRICING||1 & 9|
|24||BUSINESS EXCELLENCE MODEL||2|
|25||SIX SIGMA & COST OF QUALITY||2 & 3|
|26||PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT IN NOT FOR PROFIT SECTOR (Value for Money)||8|
|27||COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE AND CONTROL SYSTEM||1 & 11|
|29||CONTROL THROUGH STANDARD COSTING SYSTEM||12|
|30||COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE||1 & 7|
|31||PORTERS 5 FORCES MODEL||1|
|34||BUSINESS PROCESS RE-ENGINEERING||3|
|36||BOTTOM UP OR TOP DOWN||11|
- ONE Practical Book
- ONE THEORY BOOK INCLUDING CASE STUDIES
- Pen Drive (if opted for Pen drive) OR Google Drive (26 GB)
NOTE: Courier is done with the help of courier agencies. It usually takes 2 days for us to give the package to the courier agency and further time to deliver the package to the students depends on location. AJ NeXt does not guarantee the time duration when the courier will reach the students. It can provide the tracking id within 3 days of the order.
Due to COVID, all couriers are getting delayed. This situation is uncontrollable for anyone. Students are requested to be patient in such kind of situations.
WINDOWS LAPTOP only (Desktop / Macbook / Chromebook does not work)
Windows 7 and Above
2 GB Ram or more
Intel Processor i3 / Pentium and above OR AMD processor
Students will install the software provided. For any technical problem, call 7061116111.
- All pen drive products are meant for a single user. If it is found that a student is watching lectures in a group, it amounts to using the videos for commercial purpose. Such students are liable for action by AJ NEXT in the court of law and are a strict violation of our policy. Such lectures will be disabled with immediate effect without any refund and further, the concerned students will be liable for damages and penalty for using lectures for a commercial purpose.
- AJ NEXT does not encourage any student buying any product listed on www.ajnext.com and www.ajnextonline.com from any other website. In case, any student buys from any other website apart from the above two, AJ NEXT will not be responsible in case of any problem.
- Number of views and validity cannot be extended or changed under any circumstances.
- A student only gets a right to view the lectures given for the time given and for the number of views written. Under no circumstances, a student should think that he gets a right to tamper with the lectures. Any student found tampering or transmitting the lectures will be criminally dealt as per the Information Technology Act, 2008.
- Above terms and condition are amended from time to time and AJ NEXT is under no duty to send them to the student. Every student is bound by the UPDATED terms and conditions.
- When a student buys any product, he/she is assumed to be knowing above terms and conditions.
- There will be no refund under any circumstances